Rheumatology - Permanent - Full-time - Alberta
Alberta Health Services, South Zone is currently recruiting for a full-time Rheumatologist. The Regional Hospital is the largest community hospital located in Southern Alberta providing services to a catchment population of ~150,000. The hospital has 250 acute care beds, 45 geriatric beds, 10 ICU beds and 15 NICU bassinets, - and is an accredited Level 3 Trauma Centre providing coverage in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery and Cancer services.
Successful candidates must hold or be eligible for independent practitioner registration with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta.
Additional Notes About Lethbridge
Lethbridge is a vibrant city of 95,000 located in beautiful southern Alberta - close to the mountains (about 70 miles from Waterton National Park and the Rockies) and an easy drive to Calgary.
Winters are warmer than in the more northern parts of the province - Chinook winds provide welcome thaws. The Chinook is a warm winter wind that keeps humidity low and moderates winter temperatures. Low annual precipitation rates make for an excellent climate and keeps summers warm and dry.
Lethbridge has excellent recreation facilities for both indoor and outdoor activities. There is skiing and mountain biking to the west. There are some lakes within twenty (20) minutes to a half an hour from Lethbridge for boating, wind surfing or sailing.
In the primary education system, there is a public and separate (Catholic) school system and also a number of private schools. The percentage of students moving on to advanced education is above average for most communities. In the area of post-secondary education, there is a large Junior College, Lethbridge College, and a small but highly accredited university, the University of Lethbridge. Both institutions offer a variety of Adult education extended and interest programs. The College and the University add to the vitality of the community.
The University of Lethbridge has excellent Arts and Education Departments, as well as a very good Science Department. Pre-Medicine and Pre-Dentistry programs are popular. The NeuroScience Department does a lot of good research and has an international reputation for excellence.
For any additional information about Lethbridge, please check out websites for the City of Lethbridge and Lethbridge Economic Development - http://www.lethbridge.ca/Pages/default.aspx
To Edmonton: 5.0 hrs
To Calgary: 2.0 hrs
•The individual must have FRCPC certification with a Fellowship in Rheumatology
•Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
•Must be willing to participate in the on call rotation for the Department of Medicine
•Must be willing to provide Inpatient and Outpatient Consultative Services
•Remuneration is fee for service
Physician Agreement Incentives:.
- Retention Benefit - supports and promotes the retention of physicians in Alberta by rewarding their continuous years of service to Albertans. Physicians receive between $4,840 and $12,100 depending on their years of service to Albertans.
- Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
- Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,500 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
- Parental Leave Program - provides $1,000 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
- Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
CanAm Physician Recruiting is a full service firm providing expertise to guide your relocation, including: Credential Verification, Medical Licensing assistance, Immigration assistance referrals, Travel Planning, Real Estate referrals, Tax and Financial Planning, Banking Services & Credit Approval, contract review and negotiation assistance, to name a few…
If you are not available for this posting, please feel free to forward this email to an interested colleague.
Interested candidates please contact or send applications and CV to:
Phil Jost, HSM, MBA
CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc.