Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to take a leadership role in developing a new Child and Youth Mental Health Program for the region.
Located just over an hour north of Toronto, the Child and Youth Mental Health Program (CYMH) is a strategic priority for this Regional Health Centre serving a catchment area of about 450,000 people.
The Regional CYMH Program will provide a comprehensive range of interrelated services including acute mental health inpatient care (new 8 bed unit), acute outpatient services, acute crisis services, a day hospital program and coordination with a wide range of service providers across the region. In collaboration with the adult mental health service the CYMH Program will work to effectively manage transition from young adult to adult services. The Child and Youth Mental Health Program supports a culture of innovation, family centered service and evidence based interventions.
Working in partnership with health and community services, School Boards and the designated regional Lead Agencies (2) to provide care across the continuum, the Psychiatrist will provide psychiatric services including evidence-based assessment, treatment and consultation in line with the mission and values of the Regional Health Centre. As a key member of the Child and Youth Mental Health Program, the Psychiatrist will supervise the assessment and treatment of children with mental health concerns, provide consultation and make treatment decisions as part of the team of clinicians working with children and families involved in the service. Other attributes of the position include:
· Program supported by Clinical Chief, Management Team, Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Recreational Therapists and a Psychologist
· 8 bed inpatient unit in development, interim 4 bed unit in operation
· Full pediatric medical support
· Successful and sought after Family Medicine Teaching Program with teaching opportunity and faculty appointment at the University of Toronto
· Hospital based activity is fully supported with no overhead cost
· Joining a team of 7 Adult Psychiatrists
· Option to establish private community office
· Combination of on-call stipend, sessional fees and OHIP billings provide for exceptional income potential in the $500,000/year range
· No overhead expenses
· Office space and administrative support provided in the hospital
A demonstrated leader with a vision and a collaborative approach to treatment, you are a natural communicator who will act as the primary liaison with key stakeholders. Previous experience developing similar programs preferred.
Suitable candidates should have a minimum of three years of clinical experience as a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and hold FRCP(C) designation, or eligible to obtain one, as well as a physician management education program (or are willing to complete).
In accordance with immigration requirements, preference given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents.
Interested candidates please contact:
Hedi Cameron, Regional Manager,
CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc.